Monday, July 10, 2006

It's a girl

I have a baby sister!, and I hate her. I am going to bite and hiss and growl and eat her if I get a chance. I am MAD. I do not like having to share my mommy and daddy with another cat. It was bad enough to have kitty's and doggies in the family. I thought I was going to show mommy who was boss when my human sisters new kitty came to visit for a day, now I am really mad cause this one is going to stay GRRRRRR. They even gave her a name. She is Molly. Now everything is Molly Molly Molly. I am so jealous. This is my house and my toys and my mommy and daddy boo hoo hoo.
To top it off mommy has soaked me over and over with the water bottle to keep me calm. Getting wet is not keeping me calm. It is only making me the cleanest cat in town. I'm running away.


Well folks you read it right Maggie is not a happy kitten today. I brought home a baby sister for her last night and she doesn't like it one bit.
We have named her Molly and she is black and white. She is only five weeks old. Just the same age as Maggie when we got her. Again she came from a customer at the store where I work. At first she was given to a rescue group who took her to the SPCA. They were going to put her to sleep, and the lady who was fostering her over night thankfully took her home. When I heard about it I talked with the rescue group and the kitten was given to me. She needed a home and we had been thinking about a playmate for Maggie. I just don't understand why people want to get rid of kittens so young. She is even smaller than Maggie was at this age. Thankfully she is eating good and seems to be able to handle both wet and dry foods and is litter trained. However she is scared to death due to Maggie being so cranky. I was hoping that Maggie would be better with her since she herself is just turning four months. I was wrong. I have had to watch them every minute. Molly is fine, but Maggie is really being a brat, hissing and growling. I separated there sleeping quarters last night, but am trying to introduce them slowly today. Maggie has her moments. She is ok as long as the baby sits still but if she moves she tries to pounce. I haven't even had a chance to hold the new one much and re-assure her she is ok. Poor thing is scared. I will continue to watch them closely and keep them apart when I am not here for a few more days. Maggie hopefully will cope.She might as well accept it both cats are staying. They will just learn to like each other or stay wet from getting a mist of water from the bottle ha ha.
Here are the first pictures.


5 comments:

Fat Eric said...

She is so tiny! Poor little thing. Be patient with the gradual introductions and Maggie will get over it eventually!

Zeus said...

Molly is adorable! I am sure that in time, Maggie will learn how to accept her. Right now, Maggie is just telling Molly that she was here first, and there are rules she needs to follow. They'll be bestest friends in no time!

Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

What a couple of sweethearts! All cats whether they are kittens or older always react with a lot of hissing. Ours finally stopped hissing at Dolce because she was a stranger. Now they hiss at her because she's just strange.

Shaggy and Scout said...

They'll be gving each other baths before you know it!

Victor Tabbycat said...

Maybe the water isn't a good idea. You don want Maggie finkin Molly's makin her wet. She needs to fink good fings happen when Molly's around like treats an play. Or maybe she's anofur Bonnie an doesn't like ofur cats. Hang in there! Molly's sure cute, but Maggie's still number one!