Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Helpful HInts

Mom got a new book with lots of helpful hints in it...Here are some she found about kitty's.

1. If your kitty decides to use the carpet instead of the litter box, sprinkle dried pennyroyal on the spot to keep him away from the carpet next time.
2. Add a teaspoon of bacon fat or vegtable oil to your cats food daily will usually enable him to pass hair swollowed during grooming before it forms large balls.
3. Medication time will be a lot easier for your kitty and you if you coat tablets and capsules first with butter before giving them to your cat..


We hope you enjoyed these..
Love,
Maggie and Molly

8 comments:

Shaggy and Scout said...

Bacon Grease!?!?! Sounds delish!

Gemini said...

Momma was horrified at the thought of kitties eating bacon grease or vegetable oil. She thought maybe cod liver oil would be better and it sounds tasty to me!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

My momma does that with my pills. Mmmm, buttered pills...I like anything with butter and it helps them slide down my throat so I don't gag so much. I agree with SS&S - bacon grease sounds delish. Course, if she wanted to gif me some bacon with the grease I wouldn't complain.
Speedy the boy cat

Just Ducky said...

What's pennyroyal?

Zeus said...

We'll have to keep number three in mind as we have a hard time swallowing our medicines! Thanks for the tips!

The Meezers or Billy said...

actually, pills should be covered in bacon fat, then ham, then more bacon fat, then given to the kitty. - Miles

Max said...

Butter! I hope the WOman will do that with my chunk tonight!

The Fluffy Tribe said...

Butter huh, hmmmm that sounds delicious ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko KO