Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Fleas

Oh I am so embarrassed, I hate to even confess this but I have FLEAS. Momma said I shouldn't worry, and that it is normal for kittens my age to have them. That made me feel a little better, but I'm still embarrassed. I jump and scratch, and it hurts when they bite me. Momma said she feels bad for me. She tried to help me and at first she thought she could comb them out. She was hoping since I am the only animal in the house that would kill them, and that worked for a week or two, but now they are back. I heard her and daddy talking tonight and they said they are going to bring home some flea medicine tomorrow.

7 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

It's ok Maggie. Fleas are normal for cats and woofies. Make sure you tell your mommy and daddy to treat the carpets too, 'acause the eggs live there and you will have this problem every 2 weeks until the carpets are treated. - Sammy

Myst and Blackie said...

Poor Maggie - we hope the fleas go away soon and stop bothering you.

Gemini said...

Momma said the Meezers Mom is right. The fleas came back cux they live in the carpet. I hope you feels better

Fat Eric said...

We've found that no flea stuff you get from the shops works to get rid of them completely. My mum tried all sorts of sprays, powders, etc. We get flea stuff from the v-e-t now to put on the back of my neck once a month and haven't seen a single flea in the house since.

Timmy said...

Poor baby girl... shmaybe you could have a nice little "dip" and soothe those itchies?

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Don't be embarrassed Miss Maggie. They'll go away soon. How do you fink I felt when I had buggies in my ears! Ewwwww.

Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

Be very careful of the off-shelf flea medication. It has harmed some kitties very badly. It's better to get something from your V-E-T.