Monday, May 01, 2006

First Day

Hi my name is Maggie and I am six weeks old.
My human mommy works at a big pet supply store. While she was at work on Saturday she had a customer come through her line who was buying a lot of things for a kitten. Mommy said to her, Do you have a new kitten? Yes, she said I got one from a friend of mine today. Mommy's heart went thump, thump because she wanted a kitten. She asked the lady, Does your friend have any more? Yes, she said she still has two. One of them is a Calico. Now mommy's heart was going thump, thump,thump, thump. Mommy was very excited, she had been wanting a calico cat for a long long time. Her and the lady talked awhile and that night the nice lady brought me to the store where mommy works. Mommy was so happy, but I was afraid. I didn't want to leave my kitty mommy and my sister. I was crying and crying but, everything was ok because the next thing I knew my new mommy was holding me. She talked to me and told me it was ok. I was nervous at first. Especially when mommy put me in a box and shut the top. I was not happy with that at all. MEOW I cried. Mommy kept talking to me, telling me it's ok baby, just let me count the money in my cash register and we will go home. I am not sure what a cash register is but I was really happy when she finished counting it and we left. Mommy took me home to meet someone called daddy. He liked me right away, but I was still afraid and as soon as I got down on the floor I hid. Mommy tried to take my picture but I wouldn't even look at her.




Later that night mommy said it is time for bed. All at once it got really dark and I started crying again. Meow! I climbed up in the bed with mommy and daddy, I fell asleep but every time I woke up I cried. I kept mommy awake almost all night, but she didn't seem to mind. Every time I cried she would pet me and talk softly to me. Finally we both went to sleep. I think I am going to like my new home.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

I think you should go get your sister so mommy can have two babies and you would have someone your size to play with.

Leslie Shelor said...

Oh, hurray! Maggie May is charming!

Anne Johnson said...

I think you should click on Petfinder, go to Pennsauken, NJ, baby cat, and adopt Hank! He's one of my fosters, and just the sweetest guy! I'm praying he gets a good home soon!

Maggie, Molly & Lucy Too said...

Nancy my sister wemt to live with one of the other ladies where my mommy works. I am happy, now mommy can come home and tell me stories about her. Leslie thank you for calling me charming, mommy said I am rotten, anne my mommy said maybe when I get older she will get me a brother or sister but she wants me to grow up a bit first.
Thank you everyone for visiting me

Zeus said...

I remember coming home with my human pet. She believed I was broken since all I did was purr. In fact, (and some of the other cat bloggers already know this about me) I have not stopped purring since. I purr 24/7.

The reason I purr is to keep the human pet believing that I am her pet. It is all a ploy that I use to get my way. You shall learn, Miss Maggie May, to control your human pet. It will come with time and practice, but should you need any advice, feel free to ask.

By the way: You are simply precious!

prairiesunshine said...

The first night home can be a scary thing to a itty bitty kitty. I member my first night home and specially the ride home inna box too. Boxes can be scary when they are moving in cars, but now I love boxes like crazy. Mama leaves boxes out alla time for me to play in wiff Angel.

My first night home, I got losted in the blankets and Mama thoughted a spider bit her cause she had a owie in her toe. Itty bitty kitty claws can be very sharp. What can I say? I still attack moving targets. especially under the blankets!

Be careful and don't get losted in your new house. Just look for the computer and send an SOS if you get losted and we'll help you find your way :O)

Luv Taz

ps I want a itty bitty kitty just like you for my birfday, but I fink Daddy would be upset ;O)

Victor Tabbycat said...

Hello, Maggie May! Welcome to the blogosphere. What a lucky girl you are to find a good home with beans who love you. Zeus is right, purring is powerful wif beans.
PS
Mom says you was dopted on May Day, one of her favoritest days.