Monday, May 15, 2006

Lucky Kitty

I almost had a playmate today, but my momma found him a home. Yesterday while momma was off work someone came to the pet store she works at with four little furry babies that were only four weeks old. There momma was a feral and had abandoned them three days earlier. The customer had been watching them and when momma didn't come back she knew she had to find help. One of the nice ladies at the pet store told the customer that she would foster them and find them homes. By the end of the day three of them had homes, that is all but one poor little fellow who was the runt of the litter. He went home that night with one of momma co-works who brought him in to momma this morning. The ladies at work had talked it over and just knew my momma would take him. Well sure enough momma was about to hold our her arms to him when the lady she had just rang up in line ask if she could hold him first. Momma smiled. Something told her this little fellow had just found the home it needed. It was an older lady and her kitty had gone to the rainbow bridge just a month ago. She needed a kitty to love and this little guy needed a new momma. It seem to make sense to momma so she kept telling the lady how pretty he was, and how he needed a new momma. The customer smiled kissed the baby and told my momma "He has a new momma now". My mom smiled and said Your are a "Lucky" kitty. The new momma said yep that is a good name for him.
My momma just smiled. Don't you just love happy endings.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie,
thanks for visiting our blog. We're glad that kitten found a momma. He's very young and will need lots of care. You are a beautiful young lady. Mom says you must be sweet cause you're a pisces like her and Moose. Hmm. We don't know what my birthday is. Maybe I'm a pisces, too!
Turtle

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Oh, we love happy endings!!

Patches and Mittens

Shaggy and Scout said...

Oh that is a wonderful story! Our mom is one who would take the "runts" first 'cause she has such a soft heart.

The Meezers or Billy said...

We loves stories where poor little poodins find furrever homes!

Teri said...

I am so happy that the customer bean has some one to take care of her now. When kitties go to the Rainbow Bridge beans are kinda lost for a while. It is good to see that the kitten will be taking good care of her.

Kukka-Maria said...

Hi, Maggie! Thanks for stopping by my site--it's great to meet you!

I'm glad that kitten found a good home, but I'm happier that you didn't have to get a brother. Brothers are pests!

In fact, I had better make sure my mom doesn't read that touching story, or before I know it, I'll have another beast to take care of!

Zeus said...

That is a wonderful story! I love it when homo sapiens and felines come together like that. Your human pet is a very special woman for looking out for that Lucky little one.

Sanjee said...

Hi Maggie, Welcome to the Cat Blogosphere!. I got you on the links now. You're furry cute. It sounds like you're as lucky as Lucky Kitty is! Glad to meet you :)

Petey said...

That's kinda how I got my furever home and my name.